Subject: Re: More recording feedback
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2002-11-16

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:49:22 +0100, Martin Borus wrote:
> Hi,
> - While recording from the digital input with a 48kHz signal the
> peak meter is almost completely deactivated: When I start the
> recording the peak levels go up once for a split second (probably
> the beginning) and then fall down permanently. Only this first 2-3
> pixels of the left peak bar then show some movement.

And how does the original Archos firmware behave when recording
Digital signals? I can imagine that the peak meters don't move in the
Archos firmware either.

> - When I stop recording and play back a file I got some strange
> results. The playback was stuttering several times per second.
> After turning off the unit completely the recorded file played OK.

Hmm, does it happen every time you do the same thing?

> - I know it's only demo code, but I'd still love to get text
> feedback on the recording screen (like running time or number
> written blocks - anything that shows that the unit is still alive
> and gives me an estimation on how long the recording gets)

I will do that when I find the time.

> While I'm writing this I'm doing long time recording tests - let's
> see if the code works for 3 hours in a row... I'll post the results
> soon.

Great. It's really appreciated that you do these tests for us.

Linus Nielsen Feltzing, on 2002-11-16