Subject: Re: Feature request
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2002-11-16 wrote:
> 1) I like to have a go about contributing to the Rockbox development of the
> firmware. Even after reading your website im still a bit lost at how where
> to start!

It's quite easy:

1) Read the contributing guidelines:
2) Download the source code:
3) Modify it
4) Make a patch (diff) of your modifications
5) Submit the patch to the patch tracker

You are encouraged to discuss your modifications on this list and/or IRC to make sure they are in line with the general design.

> 2) Here is a feature request I like to submit. How about a way to use the
> Archos as a basic personal organiser, i.e enabled to input and store
> addresses, phone numbers, memos etc.

Yes. This is filed as feature request #601927:

> Plus a setting to change the backlight colour

That can't be done in software. You need to replace the backlight LEDs to change color.

> and an option to shuffle the Entire Hard Drive without having to make
> a playlist would be handy :-)

Handy perhaps, but very slow and a terrible drain on the batteries.

We will implement playlist creation soon, which will allow you do create a whole-disk playlist from within Rockbox.