Subject: Re: Re: More long recording tests feedback
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2002-11-18

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 18.11.02 03:19:03:
> On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:54:08 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>
> >>Hint: If you change the fixed "RECORD.MP3" name in a way it allows
> >>to do more than one recording before connecting to a PC, I'll do
> >>even more recording tests
> >
> >Is it ok if they are named REC001.MP3 and so on?
>
> I would prefer a timestamp as filename (like 14111545.MP3 when
> recording starts an 12 november at 15:45 )

Fine with my - anything, as long as the filenames are different.
I don't like it that much, though - currently I switch 2 sets of batteries
I load in an external charger to make sure they are fully loaded during
the tests. Each switch kills my internal time settings...

> BTW I did record a 4 hour live set tonight and it came out really
> bad.. lots of skipping and distortion..

I'm curious, is this a digital or analog recording..

> The MP3 would not load into
> SoundForge and whe converted to wav using Winamp it would not load as
> well.. If I could record two or three arts I could test this abit
> better/ change bitrate/frequency in between..

> Also I still get 32 KHz recording regardless of the setting

Are you recording a digital signal? Because my satellite signal is
digital, 48kHz and I only get 48kHz not matter what I choose.

Viren? Wir wissen nicht was Ihr Arzt empfiehlt. Wir empfehlen den
Virencheck für Dateianhänge! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021159