Subject: Re: Archos 20 recorder HELP NEEDED

Re: Archos 20 recorder HELP NEEDED

From: Paul van der Heu <pvdh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:35:38 +0100

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:54:52 -0800 (PST), Manfred Bedwall wrote:

>I have big problems o make extreme recordings, up to
>10 hours. The whole Archos recorder just chrasches,
>and everything goes black after a while

Welcome to the wonderful world of Archos firmware.

Recording is being implemented in Rockbox right now. We are still in
the early stages and busy testing. So I am afraid that for now you
have little choice but to stick with the archos firmware.

My experience is that sometimes the archos firmware works for hours
without a hitch and all of a sudden it just freezes. There is little
that can be done.

>How to record in mono, for less memory use??

AFAIK The archos cannot record mono from line-in, Rockbox will be
able to do that however.

>I tryed to make kontact with Archos, but they donīt
>seem to care.

Yup.. their support is virtually non-existant. No one there seems to
be unable to read and/or write Email.

PW