Subject: Build Problems
From: David Reis (dlr_at_cbord.com)
Date: 2002-11-22

Help,

I have been trying to setup the dev environment.

I have been able to build the binutils 2.11 BUT I can not seem to MAKE the
GCC.

I receive the following error.

checking for fcntl.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... no
checking whether errno must be declared... yes
checking whether the C compiler (/home/dlr/build/gcc/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/dlr/build/
gcc/gcc/ -B/home/dlr/sh1/sh-elf/bin/ -B/home/dlr/sh1/sh-elf/lib/ -isystem
/home/
dlr/sh1/sh-elf/include -g ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
creat
e executables.
make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1

dlr_at_DLRW2K-CSD ~/build/gcc

Any help appreciated.

dlr

David L. Reis