Subject: Re: color question
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2002-11-24

Having owned both, my experience was that the blue one is older and had a
slightly older series drive, (Hitachi DK23CA) and the black one is newer
(higher serial number) and had a newer series drive. (Hitachi DK23DA)
Another minor difference is that the blue had greener backlight and the
black model had a more amber tint.

This may not be the case for all, but I strongly suspect the black is a
newer production run.