Subject: Re: Dear Rockbox developers
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2002-11-25 wrote:
> When creating a custom WPS screen I cannot get the long ID3 Tags to
> scroll and yes i am using the correct variables, i.e. %s%ia etc. The
> documentation says 10 Scrollings can be made. Also I cannot get VBR to
> be displayed when playing VBR files. Any suggestions?

1) Multiple line scrolling is only supported in the later versions, i.e
daily builds, and not in 1.4.It is unfortunate that the documentation
does not inform about this.

2) VBR files made with MusicMatch (or other Fraunhofer encoders) use the
(proprietary and not publicly specified) VBRI header, which is not
supported (yet) by Rockbox.