Subject: Re: Shamingly obvious question about NiMH vs NiCad chargers
From: gerald clark (gerald_clark_at_mindspring.com)
Date: 2002-11-26

The current rating on a DC power supply is the maximum current that can
be supplied without exceeding allowable ripple in the output.
It is not a current limiting specification, but a current supplying
specification.
You may use less than the rated current, but you can not use more
without risking damage to the equipment being powered.

--
Gerald L. Clark

Aero TerraTrike #1 http://www.wizwheelz.com/images/clarkaerotrike1.jpg

Member: Sky Soaring