Subject: RE: archos >4h recording bug

RE: archos >4h recording bug

From: Abdul-Khaliq Nathekar <abdul.nathekar_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 06:50:14 -0000

Hi there..

This is one of many bugs with the Archos firmware... If you are
planning writing to Archos support, don't hold your breath, as I've
written to them many times with issues such as these, without any real
response. Just an automated reply!!! Knock-knock... Anyone at home???

I did however get through to someone in technical support in Holland..
That was a waste of time!

I suppose it's a lesson learned, huh?? Albeit costly, in your case,
Hali! I can't wait for the next version of Rockbox!!! V1.4 does all
it's supposed to, and much better than Archos firmware. I'm sure the
Rockbox recording function will be much more reliable!! Thanks for all
your hard work guys!!!

Thanks for the hardware, Archos!! Could do better with the firmware!

Abdul