Subject: Re: rockbox features
From: Vincent Kargatis (
Date: 2002-12-01

From: "Paul Roberts" <>
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 5:49 AM

> What features / bug fixes does Rockbox have that distinguish it from
> the supplied firmware?
> This question is in your FAQ but the supplied link doesn't work.
> What I'm after is a list of benefits of installing Rockbox... else
> why would I bother!

Well, first, since the bother is not so significant (uploading a single
file to your jb), it's easiest to try and see.

Have you browsed the user manual?

For me, the the biggest changes are:
- more stable playback (far fewer hangs for me)
- instant-load playlists
- working track/playlist resume
- configurable while-playing-screen
- games

The most commonly missed features from the Archos firmware:
- queueing
- file management (delete, etc)

These features will eventually appear in rockbox, of course.

Just try it - there's no harm, and rockbox also allows you to
dynamically switch between it and the old firmware anyway.