Subject: Re: archos >4h recording bug
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2002-12-01

> My crash occured at 4h 05m. At around the two hour mark, the display split
> in half. What should have been displayed in the top half of the screen was
> in the bottom half, and vice versa. Sort of like a tv that lost it's
> v-hold. And then, at 4h 05m it completely hungup and was unresponsive. On
> bootup, the file 'new song.mp3' in which I was recording was no where in
> sight and my recording is gone. I'm currently trying to use easyrecovery on
> it, but i'm not keeping my hopes up.

Crashes like this are common. I've also bought my Archos in Germany and
the display crashes most of the times - sometimes even 10-20 minutes after
a recording start. Sometimes the screen even goes blank. When recording
with no extra power source connected, most of my long time recordings [8-10
hours] come out well.

If you must do long recordings with the Archos firmware I recommend loading
the batteries 100% full. (best with an externat charger).

Martin