Subject: Re: Record *.wav
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-12-02

Paul van der Heu wrote:
> I recall some of you who know stated that uncompressed recording
> should be possible. Am I to understand now that it is not?

There are several answers:

1) It is theoretically possible, given MAS DSP docs and tools, to implement a "passthrough" codec.

2) Getting those docs and tools is practically impossible.

3) There is a hardware bandwith limitation of 1Mbit/s which means *even* if we got all docs and tools, 44kHz 16bit wav recordings would not be possible (it requires 1.5Mbit/s).

--
Björn