Subject: Re: Buffer meter
From: BoD (
Date: 2002-12-02

By the way I don't understand how the "reading errors" are handled.
When I run, or move too much, the music stops because of read errors which
is normal. Then I believe it tries to read again the part it didn't get. But
what I don't understand is why sometimes it justs stops and does nothing.
Why doesn't it try and try again until the read works again? When this
happens, I just do a fast foreward and then it works again.

"Björn Stenberg" <> a écrit dans le message de news: wrote:
> I just thought it may be useful to have a meter that shows the buffer
> emptying before the hard drive "tops it up".

Recorders have that, in Debug menu->View mpeg thread

> And when will the Create Playlist and Record modes be implemented into the
> firmware?

Record is implemented already, as witnessed by the lively discussion about
it. Playlist creation is a high priority, so it will probably show up soon.