Subject: Re: Hardware/LCD changes
From: Justin (jaf60_at_it.canterbury.ac.nz)
Date: 2002-12-03

>My fault, I wasn't reading properly...
>But I have flashbacks to my old Diamond Rio which used a proprietary
>format for their cards...
>And Creative, which has traditionally prevented FAT-level
>access to the drive.

Yes, in these days of crippleware, especially if you're in the USA, I
think that it's better to assume that a device is crippled until you
find out otherwise. And even then, keep assuming that the device is
crippled, just that the cripples are subtle, until you know it
thoroughly enough to be sure.

You might have been wrong in this instance, but it's still the
assumption to have when approaching digital tech today :)