Subject: Re: switching firmware...........
From: Robert Hak (
Date: 2002-12-03

Not to be an ass.. but.. read the FAQ

Question #33 specifically.

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Bill Wolford's Head wrote:

Love this list people..thank you.

    Question: is there a way to switch from Rockbox to the Arch(iac)os firm ware without using a computer to delete the rockbox.AJZ file. I need it for recording especially on road trips when I'm listening to tunes and then writing tunes on road trips.
    I thought someone said you can dynamically change between firmware versions...

Also Any ETA on the new rockbox version with recording capabilities??!!!!!

By the way if anyone is interested this app ID3browse is killer for making directories and organising your files at

Vivid Sound Productions

                    Robert E. Hak

       Rockbox: The Archos Firmware Replacement!

"Kindness is the inability to remain at ease in the presence of another
 person who is ill at ease, the inability to remain comfortable in the
 presence of another who is uncomfortable, the inability to have peace of
 mind when one's neighbor is troubled."
        - Rabbi Samuel H Holdenson