Subject: Re: Buffer meter
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-12-03

BoD wrote:
> But what I don't understand is why sometimes it justs stops and does nothing.
> Why doesn't it try and try again until the read works again?

This is a bug. The error handling is written to retry for 5 seconds and then fail (i.e. skip to next track). For some yet unknown reason, this does not work as intended. I've been scratching my head quite a bit about this, but I fail to see it.

Actually, I just now spotted a possible cause. The function can return 0==OK even though the read failed. Fix coming up.

--
Björn