Subject: Re: Please test the new ATA code
From: Bradley Alexander (storm_at_tux.org)
Date: 2002-12-04

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 10:46, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There has been a number of fixes to the ATA driver today. I would like
> to ask all who have had problems to test the current bleeding edge
> build or the 2002-12-04 daily build when it is built.
>
> These fixes should also hopefully remove the "silent play" issue we've
> seen previously, and perhaps even the "disk freeze when bumped"
> problem.

Thanks Bjorn, I've got it on my JB6k, I'll play with it as soon as
possible.

I'm just curious. I remember reading an article on slashdot.org at
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/12/116241&mode=thread&tid=126
stating that there have been a number of problems with Fujitsu drives. I
haven't had the guts (or the time, more accurately) to disassemble my
Rockbox, but one of the symptoms mentioned was "your hard drive has
started to show garbled characters in the BIOS at boot..." I understand
that this is a somewhat different application, but when I encounter this
freeze, if I turn the box off and back on immediately, I get garbling in
the display. Is this normal? Did the JB6000s even ship with Fujitsu
drives? Anybody got any experience with this?

Regards,

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |