Subject: Re: Power off testing - current and spinup time
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2002-12-05

Nuutti Kotivuori wrote:
> Playing, backlight off, HD off: 0.07
> Playing, backlight off, HD sleep: 0.08
> So, there is a difference between HD sleep and HD off. And that was
> basically what I wanted to know.

I'd like to point out that while this difference is small in numbers, going from 80mA to 70mA is a 12.5% power saving.

> Spin-up time given by firmware : constant 20ms
> There's gotta be a bug of some sort there,

You're right. I only tested the clocking with poweroff enabled, it bugs with it disabled. I'll fix that.

Thanks for the write-up. As you say, it doesn't give any hard conclusions, but plenty of valuable data for development.