Subject: Re: Firmware Feature Comparison Chart
From: Bradley Alexander (
Date: 2002-12-05

Don't forget the important fact that you can load other firmware
versions (both Archos and RockBox) on the fly without connecting to the
PC thanks to RoLo...Thats a big plus...:)

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 08:05, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I've run some threads in some user forums on the web first, and we've added
> quite a number of features to compare the two existing firmware
> implementations for Archos Jukeboxes.
> Feel free to mention missing features, point out mistakes or just throw out
> your opinions. I'm listening.
> The point of this particular page would be to:
> a) List features of Rockbox
> b) Show people why they might like Rockbox more than the original firmware
> Lots of people seem to look for both these kinds of information.

Bradley M. Alexander                |
Debian Developer, Security Engineer |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          |   storm [at]
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but
when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window?
						--George Carlin