Subject: Re: Does rockbox work on Archos Jukebox Recorder FM?
From: Robert Hak (
Date: 2002-12-06

Just as a heads up, this is answered in the FAQ.

#67, the very last question.

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 wrote:

My apologies if this is a FAQ (I looked but didn't find it) or if this has come up on the lisr previously (I did a search, but found nothing).

Does rockbox work on the Archos Jukebox Recorder /FM/(Archos part no. 500326)?

I copied ajbrec.ajz and the .rockbock directory from to my Archos FM, but when I rebooted it, it displayed the factory firmware: OS 1.30j (October 7 2002), and didn't load the rockbox OS.

Am I doing something wrong, or is rockbox incompatible with the FM recorder? If so, are there any plans to support the FM recorder, and if so, when?

                    Robert E. Hak

       Rockbox: The Archos Firmware Replacement!

"The Internet views censorship as damage and routes around it"