Subject: Recording panic / digital reak meter display
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2002-12-08

Hi,

I got PANIC today while recording digitally at 48kHz / quality
setting 7.

The exact message was:
*PANIC*
Dir entry 9 in sec
tor 0 is not free.
 DE AB BE EF

This happened a couple of minutes into the recording.

BTW, I got my hands on a second R20GB so currently I'm doing
Archos FW versus Rockbox digital recordings. I looped the signal
thru both devices so the both have the exact signal. I'll be interesting
to see if they sound differently. If I can spot any difference I'll mail that.
The only thing I know now it that after 30 minutes the Archos firmware
crashed so crashwise it's (1:1) for today...

Btw, can it be changed that I can read the recording levels on the digital
signal as well? I know I cannot change them on the Archos, but I could
use the display to set the levels on the digital source so a level display
makes sense...

See "www.syltlinks.de/rockbox/fw_battle.jpg"

Martin