Subject: Suggestion: Store time in memory?
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2002-12-08

here's a suggestion:

I often replace the Archos batteries to charge them externally.
I switch two sets.

Every time I do this I lose the clock settings. Would it be
possible to store the time in memory when you shut off the unit
and restore this value when there is nonsense in actual time? You
could define nosense as a time earlier then this stored time and a
fixed period (a year?) after the last shut off.

I know that this will not fix the problem completely, but at least the
clock would only lose a minute or two per battery change. It would
be easier to correct and and - what's more important - even if I
did not correct the time still all recordings would be in the correct
time order...