Subject: Re: Suggestion: Store time in memory?
From: Mike Payson (mpayson_at_dawgdayz.com)
Date: 2002-12-09

> > and restore this value when there is nonsense in actual time? You
> > could define nosense as a time earlier then this stored time and a
> > fixed period (a year?) after the last shut off.
>
> OK, we could store the time on disk, but it could then be *very* off.
>
> /Linus

True, the time could be way off, but it would usually be fairly close,
especially if you are just swapping out one set of batteries for another.
This would make the process of resetting the time pretty trivial, and if you
only use it for timestamping your recordings, not even really necessary since
they'd only be off by a few minutes at most.

--
Mike Payson  |  DawgDayz Dog Walking & Pet Sitting
(206) 280-7295 | www.dawgdayz.com | mpayson_at_dawgdayz.com