Subject: [not related to rockbox] no long filenames in windows xp

[not related to rockbox] no long filenames in windows xp

From: BoD <BoD_at_JRAF.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:47:49 +0100

Hi,

When I plug my archos (ajbr20) in windows XP, he sees it as a "short file
name" device. I can't copy files on it, without renaming to 8.3 file names.
This is without installing the usb drivers from the archos website. Then I
installed them and it worked fine. But now (and I changed nothing) it does
that again. I also have *two* icons (the little drive with a green arrow) in
the "traytask" when I plug it in... Don't know if it's normal.
I tried reinstalling the archos usb drivers but did not work..........

Does anyone experience the same problems?
Any idea how to solve them?
(I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem, especially I have the
same problem on two different PCs)

Thanks !

BoD