Subject: RE: Sound quality with Rockbox
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-12-09

I was thinking about a computer based sound comparison between archos fw
and rockbox, too. My idea was to create test files, play them on archos
fw and rockbox (trying different settings) and compare the digital and
analog output with a computer analysis program. It would be even
possible to play this test file on the computer and record it with
archos fw / rockbox.
What do you think are the best tests for this? Will a silent passage to
test the background noise and a sine sweep from 0 to 20kHz for frequency
response be enough? I think white noise won't work because of the MP3
compression or am I wrong?

Perhaps I'll find some time after christmas to do some tests....

Andreas