Subject: Re: More theories on lockups
From: Bradley Alexander (
Date: 2002-12-10

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 17:18, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Bradley M Alexander wrote:
> > Its a JB6000, drive model Fujitsu MHK2060AT. I still wonder if there is any
> > truth to the stories about Fujitsu drives having problems...
> I doubt it. The MHK2060AT is a very common JB6000 drive. I think there
> would be more horror stories floating around if the model had issues.

Hmmm. Wouldn't there also be more horror stories if it were a software
bug? I was also considering the possibility that it was this particular
drive, or this particular JB6000...But there isn't any particular set of
circumstances that cause it...It doesn't happen at the same point on any
track, nor does it happen with any particular movement of the unit (e.g.
its happened in my pocket, as well as sitting on a counter. And even in
my pocket, its not like I am jogging or doing aerobics, I'm generally
working in the data center or walking around in the mall.

I don't know...

Bradley M. Alexander                |
Debian Developer, Security Engineer |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          |   storm [at]
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
It's always a good idea to keep the pointy end going forward as
much as possible.
					--Rules of the Air, #21