Subject: Rocording problem with LONG recordings
From: Paul van der Heu (pvdh_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: 2002-12-10

I have had a problem with long recording for two weeks now.. (since I
started testing it).

I record a jamsession I do sound for every monday.. I just start the
archos when the DJ starts and stop it when the lights come on. On
average this means a 5 hour recording.

Last week and this week the recorded file plays fine on the archos,
but when I load the mp3 into SoundFOrge I only get abot 30 minutes.
the rest is discarded.

Playing the file in WinAmp results in the first 27 minutes being
played and a lockup after that.

MP3 TAG studio reports mp3 headers out of sync and refuses to fix the
VBR header.

this is using BE build 021209-1642, recording settings: 48 KHz,
line0in, Quality 7