Subject: Re: Trickle Charging
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-12-10

Josh (Norm) Audette wrote:
> You could try faking it by applying the available current for short
> times (as you suggest above) but I worry about what effect this might
> have on the batteries.

I''m not saying you are wrong, but this is what greenbatteries.com say:

"Many battery manufacturers do not recommend long term ( months at a time) trickle charging. If trickle charging is used then the charge rate should be very low or only intermittent. The best smart chargers will only send an occasional pulse charge to the battery once it is charged. They do not apply a continuous low rate of charge."

http://www.greenbatteries.com/documents/Battery_Charger_FAQ.htm

--
Björn