Subject: Re: preamp

Re: preamp

From: Bill Wolford's Head <billwolford_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:53:54 -0800

The archos doesn't provide "plug-in power" (much different than phantom
power) which is required by these preamps, so basically you need a preamp
that provides it's own power. ie: one that uses a battery.
    I bought the cheapo Archos preamp and mic just for fun, I've tried other
high end stereo mics like Sonic Studios DSM mics (which are unbelieveabley
good mics) www.sonicstudios.com They worked pretty well with the Archos
preamp actually.
    The archos mic is crap but good for a lo key on the fly recording, tends
to distort at high volumes though.
-b