Subject: Re: Re[2]: preamp

Re: Re[2]: preamp

From: langhaarrocker <phil_at_x-phobie.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:50:47 +0100

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:41:26 +0100, "Henri DAVID" <hdavid_at_mail.com>
wrote:

>i was thinking, did someone ever saw mic preamp with a S/Pdif output ?

http://www.core-sound.com/inbox.html

But it's pretty pointless because it's bigger than the jukebox and in
the same price range, too.

>Because, i built myself an analog preamp for my sony ECM-907 to work
>together with my archos. it's working fine, but i was thinking that we could
>get much better sound quality by using an external A-D converter.
>
>what's your opinion on this ?

I think it is the way to go, as the data sheet of the mas claims that
you can record 'radio quality' with the analog input. For 'cd quality'
they recommend the digital in. I feel that sooner or later I'll be
buying a zefiro...

Phil