Subject: Re: Re[2]: cvs: docs BATTERY-FAQ,1.10,1.11
From: Henri Tremolo (s00078_at_tec.puv.fi)
Date: 2002-12-11

Hello!

> What do you suggest? Do you think even 15V is ok for the archos? Do you
No.. i didn't suggest anything, just replied to Björn's question:

BJ>While a fuse is always a good idea, what is the problem
BJ>with connecting a 12V car battery if the Archos never
BJ>draws more than 350mA anyway?
HT> Car battery has about 14V or more when it's charging (engine on).
HT> My own old diesel car shows 13.8V when driving lights on, but
HT> it's still quite low for charging voltage.

I meant, that, according the faq battery section, over 12v cannot be used
and that's why direct cable from car battery to archos DC input will
not work.

> have the archos car adaptor? Could you check the output voltage of this
> adapter, please (with a multimeter)?
Yes, i can. It's not in my car and i have never used it, but got it when
i needed a cassette adaptor and because I didn't find it from any
shop, I had to order archos travel kit.
I can meter it perhaps tomorrow, because i'm not at home tonight and
the charger is there.

bye, I'll be back.

-z-