Subject: RE: preamp
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-12-11

I'm quite satisfied with the quality through line in, although there's a
lowpass filter with about 16kHz somewhere in the signal chain.
I was searching for a good mic preamp, too, but they are very expensive.
I wanted to have it battery powered for mobility and it should be able
to provide phantom power for good condenser mics. The only one I found
cost about $700 (I don't remember the site, perhaps
www.soundprofessionals.com ?)
I decided to build my own low cost battery powered stereo mic preamp
with phantom power, using a modified paia design
(http://www.paia.com/phantsch.gif). It's basically working, but I didn't
test it properly so far. Perhaps I'll post some schematics when I'm
shure it's working as I wanted it...

Andreas

you can record 'radio quality' with the analog input. For 'cd quality'
they recommend the digital in. I feel that sooner or later I'll be
buying a zefiro...