Subject: More recording tests / problems

More recording tests / problems

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:27:30 +0100

Hi,

today I did the low volume recording tests again, comparing
Archos and Rockbox firmwares.

With cvs 021211
on a JB20

ROM 1.28
Mask: 0x0302
USB: positive
ATA 0x200
PR:Positive
Freq: 11.0592MHz

The files are at "www.syltlinks.de/rockbox"
I provided the original files and the normalized ("_norm") files.

This time the audio quality seemed OK and the leaking of the
hard disk sound was the same in both versions. Still I ran into
a problem.

After a fresh reboot the first recording doesn't start:
I tried to record for two minutes, but as a result I only got the last
41 seconds. After another reboot I tried to record for 90 seconds
(this is the "rockbox1.mp3" file) and again, only 6 seconds are
saved. This happens after a reboot [maybe only when I run the
original Archos firmware before].
When I stop the recording and do another, I do not run into this
problem.

I also had a problem with a longer recording during the week.
A 300-something sized mp3-file only played for the first 90 minutes.
If that happens again I'll keep the CVS date and try to make parts of
the file available.

Martin