Subject: Re: Archos plans to ship Rockbox with Jukebox Studio
From: langhaarrocker (phil_at_x-phobie.de)
Date: 2002-12-12

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:31:18 -0800 (PST), E Doc <doc6502_at_yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Archos also may have a long-term strategy in mind. It's expensive doing R&D
>for different OS-es for several products. Been there, done that. If Rockbox
>gains widespread user acceptance, then Archos may put their own OS development
>efforts into "fix bugs only" mode.

That's something that bothers me slighly. Imagine Jukeboxes were
shipped with Rockbox. Will the programmers of the original firmware be
sacked? Why should Archos pay them? They can sell Jukboxes anyway.
Might Rockbox destroy jobs? Does Rockbox endanger the future of little
sweet innocent programmers children?

Phil