Subject: Re: Resume after USB
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2002-12-12

----- Original Message -----
From: "Björn Stenberg" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 4:34 AM

> Chris Holt wrote:
> > I don't like that idea at all. I'd hate to lose my place after hooking
> > USB.
> > Why can't resume just gracefully fail if someone had deleted the song
> > was playing at the last shutdown?
> I agree. I've been thinking about adding a resume question after USB
disconnect. (You are questioned if your resume setting is ASK or YES.)

That would be cool.

> Also the clear-resume-info-on-STOP behaviour will go away, unless people
scream a lot about it. The thinking is that you want to resume as often as
possible, or you wouldn't have it enabled... :-)

Very good, yes. As a heavy audiobook listener, I can tell you it's
frustrating to accidentally stop instead of shutdown and find that I've lost
my place in a 6 hour file!

Perhaps now with writing available an auto-bookmark function could be
enabled. I envision being able to stop listening at some point in a track,
go off and listen to music or another book and when that track is played
again, the position will be remembered. This is the way Audible audiobooks
work on many of the supported players, like my Rio 600. Would this be easy
to implement?