Subject: Recording - only while signal is present == Timer
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2002-12-12

I'm still thinking of ways to get timer recordings on the way fast.

On my video cassette recorder I have an "external timer" option.
If I activate this instead of following it's own timer it just waits until
it receives a signal from an external source (mostly a satellite receiver)
starts a recording when a signal appears and stops it when it goes.

Does this sound like something for Rockbox?

For digital recordings this means changing the behaviour that a recording
is paused when there is no signal present. This might be a useful default
setting [unless someone finds a reason for recording non-existing signals]

With analog signals a user-defined db & time limit should do. This might also
be useful for digital sources that do not turn of the signal when nothing is
playing. When a time limit is exeeded the recording should start a new file...

This suggestion would solve most of my timer needs - I can programm the
satellite receiver and can connect my conventional radio to a timer switch.

Any comment from the other people who want timer recordings?

Bei einem fehlt die Telefonnummer, beim anderen die Adresse. Damit ist jetzt
Schluss, dank WEB.DE FreeMail.