Subject: Re: Bookmarks (was: Resume after USB)
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2002-12-12

---- Original Message -----
From: "Björn Stenberg" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 9:00 AM
Subject: Bookmarks (was: Resume after USB)

> Chris Holt wrote:
> > Perhaps now with writing available an auto-bookmark function could be
> > enabled. I envision being able to stop listening at some point in a
> > go off and listen to music or another book and when that track is played
> > again, the position will be remembered. This is the way Audible
> > work on many of the supported players, like my Rio 600. Would this be
> > to implement?
> It's fairly trivial.
> The question is more how the user interface should work. Would pressing
STOP *always* create a bookmark for the file at the current point? And then,
should we *always* ask if you want to resume when you select to play this
file? What about if the file is part of a playlist?

I could see a config item for it. Auto Bookmark Yes/No/Ask?
This could apply to both creation and execution of the bookmarks or simply
execution, assuming there is not a huge performance or disk space penalty.
I think it would be best if the feature were automatically disabled during
the use of playlists.