Subject: Re: Archos plans to ship Rockbox with Jukebox Studio
From: Chris Houghten (chris_at_houghten.com)
Date: 2002-12-12

I bought mine before I found out about the Rockbox, BUT since then, 3 other
people at my work have bought theirs only because of Rockbox.
One reason was random all songs(the 999 song limit).
Another huge reason was resume functionality as one of the guys listsens to
audible audio books.
And 4 of us are developers and are huge supporters of open source.
So, here the Rockbox code directly influenced 3 out of 4 Archos sales. In
fact, the other 3 would definitely NOT have bought their Archos without
Rockbox. And I know other people have been looking at them as well.
Just think, if they dismissed their developers and used the open source and
proveided them with all the specs they asked for, they could sell the units
for less and they would take over even more of the mp3 player market.

Chris