Subject: Re: Recording - only while signal is present == Timer
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2002-12-12

> > With analog signals a user-defined db & time limit should do. This might also
> > be useful for digital sources that do not turn of the signal when nothing is
> > playing. When a time limit is exeeded the recording should start a new file...
> <NORM>
> What would be ideal is that while you're waiting to begin recording,
> you start buffering data in a loop, and then once you detect your
> input level, you write to disk everything in the buffer starting n
> (where n is 1/2 second in my above example) seconds before trigger.
> Same goes for ending the recording. Once signal falls below your
> end-trigger level, you wait x seconds and terminate (where x is
> probably 3 or 4 seconds). You then write to disk everything in your
> buffer from time of trigger to y seconds (where y is probably 1/2
> second or so, as well).
> Is this possible?
> </NORM>

This goes in the direction of what I suggested. This should be a loop:
After ending the recording the recorder should wait for the start of
the next recording right away...

Also it would be very useful to set up a minimum recording length. This would
allow you to compensate for audio material that has a known length but many
long pauses - like the radio drama I intend to record...

Kursiv, fett, bunt,... WEB.DE FreeMail kann alles - mit der HTML-Mail