Subject: SPDIF!? / Car DC convertor

SPDIF!? / Car DC convertor

From: Farhad Nabet <nabet_at_chapar.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:32:47 +0330

Can anyone give me some hint on S/PDIF? Let me know if I must use common RCA
jacks for that or another cable. If using RCA, Left will be IN for SPDIF and
Right->OUT (or vice versa)?

Input voltage: DC IN/Charger: You could regulate 12v DC from your car to 9v
DC with a L7809 or use a LM317 as a high precision regulator for 9.5v, but
it will get a bit warm on 700-800mA. The input voltage could be up to 40v DC
on LM317 and up to 35v on l7809. A small DC convertor in your pocket, just
must be connected to 1-2v higher than output voltage. They limit output
current, too.