Subject: Re: Another interesting skipping phenomenon
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-12-15

On 15 Dec 2002 01:17:53 -0500, Bradley Alexander wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I was running the daily build from 20021208, and I noticed an
>interesting phenomenon. I was playing some mp3s in a deep directory
>(4 levels down), and I noticed that as a track was playing (this was
>in the car), I would hear a click and the Archos would skip backward
>by about a minute (since I was driving, I couldn't tell exactly how
>far, but once it actually skipped into the previous track).

Definitely interesting. What bitrate was the mp3?

>I noticed it again today, with it happening twice preceeding a
>lockup of the type we have been discussing here (red drive light
>stays lit and the cache empties itself). Don't know if they are
>related, but I wanted to put that out there. I just moved to the
>20021214 build, will report my findings.

Ooooh. lockup...bad. I thought we got rid of those.

>After a day of intermittent use (call it
>4-6 hours), it would usually be somewhere between 60 and 70%. Now,
>with the same usage, it gets down to the 30 to 40% range. Again, I
>don't know if it is actually affecting battery life (I tend to doubt
>it), but it was, again, something I thought I would mention.

We have changed the battery handling code, and it may very well show
different values then before. It should not affect battery life
however. The percentage now shows more or less the expected remaining
play time than a pure battery voltage.

/Linus