Subject: Recording breaks the 24h barrier / Problems
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2002-12-15

I did a 24h recording with fridays CVS and it ran - but
just like the other 2 long recordings I did on the weekend
it has a problem:

If I use Winamp to access the files via USB I cannot play
everything - there's always a point where the recording is stuck.

Same goes if I try to copy the file to my local hard disk. (I couldn't
do this with the 24h file due to space shortage, but I tried a 6 hour
file instead) If I play it with Winamp it stops to play. If I open the file
with some mp3 tool (like mp3surgeon or mp3directcut) the program
will hang on this point.

The fun bit is that if I forward my jukebox to the point where Winamp
is stuck it plays beyond it without trouble and shows no signs of
problems at all: I can forward over it and play the complete file.

There's not way I can send you a 400 - 1800 MB file via the net and
I don't know how to cut it as all my cutting software crashed when I

So I suggest you do a 24 hour quality 7 recording yourself. If you
can't produce this error, I could also send you a CD by mail. First
I'll try to access the file via USB on some other operating system.
Currently I use WinME.

Wednesdays to Friday's CVS were used.