Subject: Re: cvs: apps settings.c,1.99,1.100 settings.h,1.64,1.65 settings_menu.c,1.89,1.90
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2002-12-16

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> >Any particular reason you chose to use a list of fixed values
> >instead of something like (1500 + x*50) ?
> Yes, it's because we intend to save it in the RTC memory. I promised
> to do that for him, but I haven't had the time yet.

You mean the settings sector? This info doesn't really have to be squeezed into the RTC space.

We've been sloppy with this in the past. The only info that really "needs" to be in RTC is the things that can reasonably be expected to change several times between two spinups, i.e volume, resume info and a few other things.

We still have 138 unused bytes in the settings sector. I say we waste one of them on battery capacity and avoid a predefined list.