Subject: Re[2]: Another interesting skipping phenomenon

Re[2]: Another interesting skipping phenomenon

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:14:28 +0100

Hello Bradley,

Bradley Alexander wrote on Tuesday, December 17, 2002, 4:16:14 AM:

BA> this point). I had to stop at the store, so I switched it over to
BA> headphones. At that point, two songs had played. I checked the battery
BA> level and it said 96%.

I'm sorry that users seem to prefer that the battery symbol displays
100% full some hours and trink "wow, are my batteries good. They keep
full so long.." instead of having a more realistic display. Is it really
a problem that 96% is displayed instead of 100% when you just
disconnected the charger after trickle charge?

BA> I carried it around with me for my time in the
BA> store, and all the way home. I left work at 6:30 pm and arrived at home
BA> at 8:30 pm. The battery indicator read 38% in the info menu.

That should be the right value.

BA> I plugged it in to the AC for 5 minutes and checked the level. It
BA> read 58%. Is this normal for the new code?

The voltages of a battery discharging and charging are different and are
implemented as voltage courves. When just connecting the charger, some
"lazyness" is considered.
Please read the docs/CHARGING_ALGORITHM. If you know how I can make the
code better, feel free to tell me.

Bye, Uwe.