Subject: Re: PIC12C508A-based remote

Re: PIC12C508A-based remote

From: Rob Ward <wards_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:13:21 +1300

There is an easy way to tell if the keys are held down. The NEC protocol
used in your TV remote control for example does the following...

1. If a button is pressed, it sends a device byte and it's complement,
then a function byte and it's complement.
2. If the key is held, it sends the first packet as above, the changes
to a simple "repeat key" packet.

Rob