Subject: Re: Re[2]: Another interesting skipping phenomenon
From: Bradley Alexander (
Date: 2002-12-17

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 07:14, Uwe Freese wrote:
> Hello Bradley,
> Bradley Alexander wrote on Tuesday, December 17, 2002, 4:16:14 AM:
> BA> this point). I had to stop at the store, so I switched it over to
> BA> headphones. At that point, two songs had played. I checked the battery
> BA> level and it said 96%.
> I'm sorry that users seem to prefer that the battery symbol displays
> 100% full some hours and trink "wow, are my batteries good. They keep
> full so long.." instead of having a more realistic display. Is it really
> a problem that 96% is displayed instead of 100% when you just
> disconnected the charger after trickle charge?

Not at all. Forgive me if I appeared to be complaining. I was not
complaining, rather explaining a difference from older versions.

> BA> I carried it around with me for my time in the
> BA> store, and all the way home. I left work at 6:30 pm and arrived at home
> BA> at 8:30 pm. The battery indicator read 38% in the info menu.
> That should be the right value.

I just want to verify that, since a full charge gives me a play time of
12h 24m, then in a two hour period, I went through roughly 7.5 hours of
playtime. this was the reason for my concern.

> BA> I plugged it in to the AC for 5 minutes and checked the level. It
> BA> read 58%. Is this normal for the new code?
> The voltages of a battery discharging and charging are different and are
> implemented as voltage courves. When just connecting the charger, some
> "lazyness" is considered.
> Please read the docs/CHARGING_ALGORITHM. If you know how I can make the
> code better, feel free to tell me.

It's not a problem, I was just verifying my findings.

Bradley M. Alexander                |
Debian Developer, Security Engineer |   storm [at]
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          |   storm [at]
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to
keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot
start sweating.
					--Rules of the Air, #6