Subject: Re: PIC12C508A-based remote
From: Rob Ward (wards_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: 2002-12-18

There is an easy way to tell if the keys are held down. The NEC protocol
used in your TV remote control for example does the following...

1. If a button is pressed, it sends a device byte and it's complement,
then a function byte and it's complement.
2. If the key is held, it sends the first packet as above, the changes
to a simple "repeat key" packet.

Rob