Subject: Re: PIC12C508A-based remote
From: George Styles (
Date: 2002-12-18

Wouldnt we be better building a interface so the Sony remotes for walkman
etc could be used on Archos? that way there would be less design issues, and
I presume it would be more robust than a home-brew remote.

The sony remotes work by sending a varying resistance across two wires.

as an aside, could we use the analog in (line in) for this? if we connected
the resistance through a small battary, and then could read the current
input level on line in, would we have a remote control? does the MAS allow
this? would the DC current blow something???

lots of q's but no answers!