Subject: Re: Wanted: FM Recorder owner

Re: Wanted: FM Recorder owner

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:41:02 +0100

rockbox_at_diffenbach.org wrote:
> I tried again after plugging in the charger. This time, the Jukebox firmware
> boot screen changed to the rockbox boot screen (?) with a graphical
> "Rockbox" logo, after the firmware boot screen's "progress meter" reach
> approximately 40% "done".

Wohooo! This is actually more than I hoped for. This means:

1. The new modified scrambler *works*. That was the primary goal of this test.

2. The LCD driver works too, with some bugs.

> The rockbox boot screen appeared to overlay a listing of my root directory;
> I could see, on the second screen line, the name of my alphabetically first
> directory.

3. The disk code works!

> At this point, no button did anything

4. The button code does not work.

> With the charger plugged in, pressing "on" caused the Archos to go to the
> firmware boot screen, and them immediately go to the charging screen.

This is normal behaviour. Try holding the ON button for several seconds. That makes it boot Rockbox on the old Recorders.

> (Perhaps rockbox has a different
> idea of charge level than does the firmware; of course, the FM recorder
> using different batteries than does the Recorder.)

Exactly.

5. The power code does (predictably) not work.

> Again, without the charger plugged in, the
> system immediately turned itself off after booting.

This is very curious. I assume this does not happen when you have the 1.30j ajbrec.ajz in the root dir?

--
Björn