Subject: RIAA+SMCS+0% rockbox content
From: Robert Hak (
Date: 2002-12-19

While not exactly what you are looking for, this may help a little:

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, E Doc wrote:

OK, I completely agree with everything that Justin has said here. However,
because I dig the Equal Time concept, has anyone done any analysis of how much
income the "artists" represented by RIAA have actually lost due to piracy? I'm
talking about straightforward cases here like, "Due to digital piracy, artist
MadonnaShakiraSpears lost 35 squidjillion dollars."

Also, I wonder, how much have the "open-ness" of formats like .mp*, etc. have
helped artists on smaller labels? I'm talking about very straightforward cases
here like, "Because we sell our music over the internet, we've been able to
establish an international fan base, and make enough money to keep us out of
the poorhouse?" Does anyone know if there are any studies of this sort of

Just curious-- sorry about the off-topic content.

Do you Yahoo!?

                    Robert E. Hak

      Rockbox: The Archos Firmware Replacement!

"The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love somebody else."